Light therapy does not lack attractions. Especially popular in the winter season when the sun is desired and morale is low, it also helps treat problems of pregnant skin, such as acne, stretch marks or pregnancy mask. Explanations.
Light therapy does not lack attractions. Can be used at all times of the year, it is particularly popular in the winter when the sun is desired and morale is down! But this is not her only interest: she is also particularly effective at treating many other things, such as skin problems during pregnancy.
Focus on light therapy
- This is a fact long recognized by the scientific community: the sun has a great influence on our health but also on our morale. In particular, this phenomenon explains the recrudescence of chronic fatigue and seasonal depression in winter and autumn.
- Light therapy reverses the trend thanks to a surprising process. It simply consists of diffusing a soft artificial light that tends to simulate a natural exposure to the sun. The light transmitted in light therapy acts directly on the brain receptors. Result ? There is mainly a modification of the sleep hormone, melatonin. When it is present in too large a quantity in the body, one feels throughout the day a great tiredness, a irritability, an apathy and an irrepressible lack of drive. Thanks to the action of light therapy, the rate of melatonin decreases. Morale goes up and there is a much better physical shape.
Light therapy, ideal for fighting skin problems during pregnancy
- During pregnancy, expectant mothers sometimes notice the appearance of dermatological problems such as acne, stretch marks, pregnancy mask, rosacea or atopic eczema. Purchasing creams that are generally expensive, not very effective and aggressive for the skin (presence of alcohol, dyes, synthetic fragrances, etc.) is often completely useless.
- To treat some of the skin problems during pregnancy, light therapy is a very interesting choice. The diffusion of red and blue lights will allow, on the one hand, to eliminate the bacteria responsible for the secretion of sebum and acne and, on the other hand, to soothe and heal skin irritation caused by buttons.
- Light therapy is also very useful for visibly reducing stretch marks. The principle is simple: the diffusion of an orange light boosts the production of elastin and collagen. The skin thus regains its elasticity and flexibility, the skin texture is refined and becomes more regular.
- If you are tempted by light therapy, take the time to talk with your midwife or gynecologist so that he can advise you at best. Indeed, although this technique prized by the soft medicine is completely harmless (it emits neither ultraviolet nor heat), it presents however some rare contraindications.